The Royal British Legion safeguards the welfare, interests and memory of those who are serving or who have served in the Armed Forces. We are one of the UK's largest membership organisations and recognised as custodians of Remembrance. We also run the annual Poppy Appeal.
Meet 20:00 hours on the 2nd Thursday in the month at the Cheshire Ring Public House, 72 Manchester Road, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 2BJ opposite ALDI. Meeting usually lasts around 1 hour then we sit around and chat about the old times, and recent times for the young ones among us.
WHO WE HELP: We help serving and ex-Service personnel and their families. Not just those who fought int he two World Wars, but also those involved in the many conflicts since 1945 and those still fighting today.
WHAT WE DO: We provide welfare services, campaign on a range of issues affecting Service people, are custodians of Remembrance, raise funds through the annual Poppy Appeal and we are a membership organisation.
- Reflection - through Remembrance of past sacrifice in the cause of freedom
- Hope - by remembering the past, a younger generation has the chance of a better future
- Comradeship - through shared experience and mutual support
- Selflessness - by putting others first
- Service - to those in need and in support of the whole community